Monday, June 28, 2010

Tell me what to draw more!

The experiment has given fruit. But it's not enough fruit for my fruit salad. Give me more ideas. Below the jump are the posting instructions as before. I await thine wisdom.



1. Suggestions can be as impressionistic or descriptive as you want. From 'a persistent but unspeakable desire struggles to make itself manifest' to 'the biggest robot ever!!!' to 'the only book a very lonely man would have' to 'a lion'. Write me an one-liner, write me a paragraph, write me a book, whatever you want.

2. You may supply as many ideas as you want but,

3. can only work on one idea a week I can only work on two or three ideas in the next two weeks. If I didn't pick yours it's either because it didn't resonate or because something else came along that did more so. Feel free to repost it next week but don't take offense if I don't explain why I didn't pick your idea.

4. The image must be self-contained. Though implicit storytelling is not just allowed but recommended, no sequential stuff, i.e. I won't draw your comic. Unless you pay me handsomely.

5. The end result will be posted here. If you want a print-friendly version you may ask for it and I'll e-mail you a sizable, well-adjusted scan of the picture for you to print out. If you're feeling generous you may tip me as you wish.

If you want the actual original piece of paper you could pay-pal me the shipping costs plus any small patronage you desire and I'll mail it to you. If the instigator of the idea doesn't want the image, anyone else may request it.

6. As I hope is clear by the above, there are no strings attached. The one with the idea owes me nothing and I owe them nothing in return. I might take you up on your idea, I might not. You might like what I come up with, you might not. You could request the finished piece but you could not. This is just a community-building endeavor, not a professional partnership of any type.


So, here we go again. Post ideas in the comment-space. If you know a friend that would enjoy telling an artist what to draw, inform them of this little experiment.




9 comments:

Lackey said...

I'd like you to draw something like you would feel seeing through a window into a brightly lit room while walking alone at night.

I love the elektronietzsche from the previous post by the way.

Nekromantis said...

I'd like you to draw a dreamlike landscape inside the mind and some kind of ethereal gates (or perhaps two rune-carved monolith stones with space between) showing a glimpse of grandeur/weird/horrific on the other side. A passage to subconciousness or arcana if you like.

Helm said...

You got it, Nekromantis.

Nekromantis said...

Awesome! :D

JesusGun said...

Draw the most cruel thing/situation you can imagine or you have ever imagined. The most cruel for YOU. Something you hope you will never face, or you are glad because there is no possibility to face it.

And be honest.

setuzuvar said...

I'd like you to draw a lush natural environment like a primeval forest, preferably with plants from your imagination not ones that really exist. The whole thing might have a surrealistic touch but most important would be that the scenery is in full bloom and bursting with energy. Like it finally rained after a dry period and now everything is growing like mad.

It seems to me you have a good intuition for placing subtle details. The proposed image gives room for plenty of details...

Helm said...

All three remaining ideas are great, it'll be hard to pick.

Anonymous said...

How about a drawing of the time Jung exploded Freuds bookcase with Mind Magic?

i said...

I'd love to see you draw a scene from a dream you had, and try to convey it's emotional impact.