Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beyond the realms of Arcana

Kind reader Nekromantis requested:

I'd like you to draw a dreamlike landscape inside the mind and some kind of ethereal gates (or perhaps two rune-carved monolith stones with space between) showing a glimpse of grandeur/weird/horrific on the other side. A passage to subconsciousness or arcana if you like.




I can't in good conscience put my pen to the paper to describe what life after the transcendence of the material plane would be. In the light may your imagination always find shapes of hope and wonder.

6 comments:

Griffith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nekromantis said...

It's great! I'm personally a sucker for 'fantastic' art involving elements of a journey or progression be it people crossing gates or going up the stairway to paradise (Jacob's Ladder by William Blake comes to mind) or perhaps stepping into an ancient cave. I think it's a good choice after all to portray the mythical "other side" (what ever it means to each and everyone) as a stunning light ahead. Just enough awe yet twists and transforms as far as the human mind can go.

Anonymous said...

I'd might like some darker tones but, other than that, great scenery.

cable_zombie said...

I love it! The sense of space feels very real, reminds me of the Gunslinger books by Stephen King a bit (which for me is a good thing!)

Unknown said...

love it!

knifetooth said...

i like visiting this image. i see the light as an opportunity to engage the viewer's imagination. that cooperative element is key in what i see as beauty in my existence.

I'll See the Light Tonight.